Keeping you safe at Roma Central Motel, so that you can relax and enjoy your stay
At Roma Central Motel we pride ourselves on the care we take of our guests, people and our local community. Our top priority in this challenging time is to remain flexible and safe for our guests. We are monitoring the coronavirus (COVID-19) situation closely, we are keeping abreast of the official health and workplace advice by all levels of Government and doing everything we can to ensure everyone remains healthy and safe
Covid Clean Practicing Business
What does this mean. The Queensland Government as part of Unite and Recover have endorsed the use of COVID Safe Industry Plans. These plans are developed by specific industries and are approved by Queensland’s Chief Health Officer.
Whilst it is not mandatory for our motel to develop and implement a COVID Safe Plan, for the care and safety of all we have. Our plan has been submitted to Queensland Tourism Industry Council and we are immensely proud to have been accredited as a COVID Clean Practicing Business.
This accreditation is recognised through World Tourism & Travel Council’s Safe Travels program.
Covid Safe Measures
Some examples of actions within our plan (not limited to) are,
- we have enhanced our room cleaning regime including disinfecting protocols paying particular attention to high-touch items.
- the provision of touchless hand sanitisers in every room
- the provision of a touchless hand sanitiser station external to our reception
- appeal to your good will in minimising transactions at the reception and maximising the use of our contactless check in/check out option
- the implementation of COVID-19 advisory notices and health signage throughout the motel complex
- the reception door, surfaces and EFTPOS machine disinfected four times a day.
- our room keys are disinfected after use.
- limited number of people in reception area to ensure we are meeting social distancing rules
What can you do to help stop the spread
We are all in this together and we should never become too complacent, so let’s be responsible and stop the spread to keep our communities safe. Here’s a few things you can continue to do.
If feeling unwell – do not travel and stay with us if feeling unwell, self- care is the most important way of stopping the spread (we have a very flexible cancellation policy)
Social distancing – help stop the spread of coronavirus by keeping your distance. Remember, don’t shake hands or exchange physical greetings. Wherever possible stay 1.5 metres apart from other people.
Practice good hygiene – wash your hands with warm soapy water for 30 seconds regularly. Utilise hand sanitiser. Cough and sneeze into your arm and if you use a tissue only use it once then dispose of it. Then rewash your hands.
Know the signs – if you develop a sore throat, fever, cough, or shortness of breath, get tested!
Download the COVIDSafe app – this speeds up the process for officials when contacting people exposed to coronavirus (COVID-19).